Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Trip Potluck

Sarabeth and I had the opportunity to share our experience with some folks from Central Vineyard. Along with the Deleskys, we had an after church pot luck at the church offices. We brought in some of the souvenirs we bought, clothes, kramas, and gifts we received from the PE2 family. We showed pictures of Phnom Penh, the national museum, Angkor Wat, Tuol Slang prison, and various places we ventured. And we shared lots of pictures of the beautiful kids of PE2.

In describing my experience, there is one thing that always stands out. The kids. I expected to reach out to them, to show how much they are loved, how important they are. And that happened. But what I didn't expect was to receive so much. The first time we visited the Asia's Hope school was remarkable. All these wonderful children greeting us with such love and acceptance. I will always remember that.

Getting to the know children of PE2 was so rewarding. They are all such unique, talented and loving kids. And while I hope I get to return, I also hope that more people from our church go to visit. This is an experience I want to share. This is an experience I will always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment